The ingredients list may look a little intimidating, but trust me when I say this dish is easy! It is perfect for Spring and Summer nights and one that is enjoyed by our entire family, kids included!
Southwest Chicken Tortillas
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 8 flour tortillas (taco size)
- ½ rotisserie chicken, chunked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup sour cream
- juice from one lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- green onion, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mexican 4-cheese blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish.
- Lay chicken on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with black beans and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar over top the tomatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix together sour cream, lime juice, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, and pinch of sugar and set aside.
- Spread tortillas on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place tortillas in oven for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Spread sauce on each tortilla and spoon about ½ cup filling over top each tortilla.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, and cheese.