The ingredients list may look a little intimidating, but trust me when I say this dish is easy! It is perfect for Spring and Summer nights and one that is enjoyed by our entire family, kids included!
Southwest Chicken Tortillas
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 8 flour tortillas (taco size)
- ½ rotisserie chicken, chunked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup sour cream
- juice from one lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- green onion, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mexican 4-cheese blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish.
- Lay chicken on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with black beans and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar over top the tomatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix together sour cream, lime juice, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, and pinch of sugar and set aside.
- Spread tortillas on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place tortillas in oven for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Spread sauce on each tortilla and spoon about ½ cup filling over top each tortilla.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, and cheese.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!