Light and healthy, Smoked Salmon Canapes with Whipped Chive Cream Cheese are the perfect brunch food. Perfectly portioned on slices of pumpernickel cocktail bread and topped with an airy yogurt/cream cheese spread.
Smoked Salmon Canapés with Whipped Chive Cream Cheese
- Servings: 1 canape
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- 6 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain low fat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- ½ english cucumber sliced thin
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 12 slices cocktail pumpernickel bread
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- chopped chives for garnish
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and yogurt until light and fluffy. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chopped chives.
- Spread a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of bread and then divide the salmon among them topping each with a sliver. Top each canapé with cucumber, red onion and tomatoes. Season with a little bit of kosher salt and pepper. Garnish with the remaining chives. Serve immediately.
Note: The cream cheese mixture can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container refrigerated.
For more recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox.