Smashed potatoes make people happy and jump for joy. They are tender, crisp and have caramel on the outside for goodness sakes.
- Servings: 1
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Large cast-iron pan
- 10 yukon potatoes
- Enough olive oil to coat potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh black pepper
- ½ stick butter cubed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 525
- Smash potatoes with kitchen mallet until lightly collapsed.
- Coat potatoes in olive oil and place in cast-iron
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes. Hold postition of hand high above potatoes.
- Cook uncovered for approximately 45 minutes or until tender and caramelized
- Once potatoes are done, remove from oven and gently pour them into a large bowl.
- Fold the butter and the garlic into the bowl with the warm potatoes until mixed.
- Put them back into the cast-iron pan to serve and stay warm.
Mama G's smashed potatoes oven ready. Get set for super happy. Because, these are the best thing you will ever eat. Because, they have caramel on the outside by the time they are done. Dripping in garlic butter sauce. Oh, my goodness gracious.
Bringing friends and family together through the love of food.