One of the easiest (and tastiest) chili recipes I've ever had! It's vegan and vegetarian, but has a meat-like quality because of the quinoa.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Chili
- Yield: 6 - 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 4 hr 15 min
- 3 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15oz) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 - 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa, any variety
- 1 - 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a crock pot (starting with just 3 cups of broth). Turn on high and cook for 4 hours, turn down to low and continue to cook until ready to serve. If too thick, stir in another ½ - 1 cup of water.
- Serve with diced avocado (or guac) and tortilla chips. It's such a good combo!
NOTE: If you don't have the option to turn your crock-pot down after four hours (like you're at work), just leave it on low for 6 - 8 hours and the results will be the same.