Your kitchen will smell heavenly with this slow cooker SPICY Asian Beef Short Ribs dish! With just 5 ingredients, plus salt and pepper, you've got to try this!
Slow Cooker Spicy Asian Beef Short RibsPrep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: 8 hr
- ¼ cup beef broth
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 to 4 scallions, diced + some for garnish
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 to 3 lbs. beef short ribs, bone-in or boneless
- salt and pepper
- serve over white rice
- Whisk together the beef broth, hoisin sauce, diced scallions, gochujang and honey in the slow cooker. Season your short ribs with salt and pepper on both sides and nestle into the slow cooker ensuring the gochujang mixture is covering your beef.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender, for about 7-8 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
- Transfer short ribs to serving platter. Skim off any excess fat (if any) from the surface of the sauce and pour the sauce over the short ribs and garnish with more diced scallion greens. Serve with white rice.
Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) can be found at any Asian market or Korean grocery store. It can be very spicy for some, so taste it first. If too spicy, you can cut down to just 1 tablespoon for the recipe. When slow cooking the beef for this recipe, you want to make sure there is enough mixture to cover your beef entirely while slow cooking.