There is almost nothing better than an ooey, gooey baked Artichoke Dip! My recipe for the slow cooker adds tangy feta cheese, spicy red pepper flakes and a kick of citrus with the addition of fresh lemon juice to balance it out! This dip is truly addictive, and with the slow cooker keeping it warm for serving, your guests can go book to it over and over and over again!
Slow Cooker Lemony Baked Artichoke and Feta Cheese Dip
- Yield: Party Sized: Feeds 10 -12 Guests
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 2 hr
- 2 – 14 oz. Cans of Artichoke Hearts, Drained and chopped in quarters
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- ½ tsp - ¾ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (depends on your preference)
- ½ tsp. Salt + more to taste
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper + more to taste
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, Grated
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon, divided
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz. Feta Cheese, Cut into ¼” Cubes
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese or Cream Cheese, loosely broken up
- Dipper Options: Pita Chips, Tortilla Chips, Crackers, Baguette, Fresh Veggies
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Next, fill the insert in this order: Artichoke Hearts, Red Bell Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Lemon Zest, Juice of Half a Lemon, Parmesan, Feta and Heavy Cream, Next dollop the Mayonnaise all over the first set of ingredients, followed by the Mascarpone or Crem Cheese.
- Cover the insert and cook on low for an 1 ½ halfs, uncover, stir and taste. At this time you can add the remaining lemon juice if you think it needs it, as well as more salt and pepper – it is best to wait until this point to add more salt especially because the saltiness of both the feta and parmesan can vary depending on the brand you buy, this way you can control the salt level. Return the cover to the slow cooker and continue cooking on low for another 30 minutes. After 30 minutes give the dip a good stir and it is ready to serve!
- You can serve the dip right out of the slow cooker by simply leave it on the low setting, or adjusting it to warm. If it’s not convenient to serve this way you can scoop a portion of it into a serving bowl and keep the rest of it warm in the slow cooker, this allows you to continue to replenish throughout your get together with nice hot and creamy Artichoke Dip. Serve this alongside your favorite dipper, such as; pita chips, crackers, crusty bread….or veggies, if you must!!!
This recipe feeds a crowd so it's the perfect addition to any game day spread! It can easily be halved to make a smaller batch. But, don't be afraid of leftovers! This is delicious tossed with pasta and baked the next day for a decadent pasta bake. Or spread on top of a ready made pizza crust for a tasty personal pizza! There are loads of ways to use these left overs!!
You can find more of my recipes on my blog: www.apinchoflemon.com
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!