This recipe is a family favorite! It's so easy and is the perfect weeknight dinner! Let your slow cooker do all of the work for you!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 4 hr
- butter or non-stick baking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) or 2 lb. jar marinara sauce + more if needed
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup panko or bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more when serving
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely diced
- Serve with cooked spaghetti
- Spray or grease the inside of your slow cooker or crock pot. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper on each side and place into the slow cooker in one layer.
- Using a large mixing bowl, pour in the marinara sauce, and add the minced garlic and dried oregano and crushed red pepper flakes if using. Mix together, taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Make sure all of the chicken is covered with the sauce. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours.
- After the chicken is cooked, sprinkle on the panko over each chicken breast. Alternatively, you can brown the panko or bread crumbs in a pan before sprinkling over the chicken. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan over each chicken breast and cover the slow cooker and let cook until the cheese has melted. Garnish with the fresh parsley and parmesan cheese and serve over cooked spaghetti.
Use your favorite store bought (or homemade) jar marinara sauce!!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!