This delicious Slow Cooker Beef & Veggie Soup was made by my grandma all throughout my childhood. She would do it either on a stove-top or in a slow cooker. I still remember how excited we were when she would come over with this soup and cornbread. It warms up your soul!
Slow Cooker Beef & Veggie Soup
- Servings: 6
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, Cooked and Drained
- 1 14.5oz Can of Beef Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 15oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 4 Potatoes, Cubed
- ½ Lb Baby Carrots (Sliced if preferred)
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 1 Diced Tomato or 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- ½ White Onion, Sliced
- ½ Cup White Cooking Wine
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Cup Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- Begin by spraying the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add in all of the ingredients in order, but do not add in the pasta.
- Let this cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the veggies are soft.
- Add in the pasta in the last 30 minutes of cook time. Be sure to remove or set to warm after 30 minutes so that the pasta does not overcook.
- Serve topped over cornbread or with crackers.
For the pasta, you can use any pasta you have on hand. My grandma did this much like a pantry-style meal, using up what she had readily available. We love to serve this with delicious homemade cornbread.