Beef Stroganoff is a hearty weeknight meal that's quick and easy to throw together in a slow cooker and have a hearty and delicious meal after a busy day. Your house will smell heavenly! Serve with a simple green salad and garlic bread, if desired.
Slow Cooker Beef Stronganoff
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound package wide egg noodles, cooked (or mashed potatoes)
- In a 3 ½ to 4 ½ quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except noodles and sour cream. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Before serving time, cook noodles until done, drain and toss with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- While noodles are cooking, stir in sour cream to meat mixture and mix until combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve meat mixture over hot buttered noodles.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!