Beef Stroganoff is a hearty weeknight meal that's quick and easy to throw together in a slow cooker and have a hearty and delicious meal after a busy day. Your house will smell heavenly! Serve with a simple green salad and garlic bread, if desired.
Slow Cooker Beef Stronganoff
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound package wide egg noodles, cooked (or mashed potatoes)
- In a 3 ½ to 4 ½ quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except noodles and sour cream. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Before serving time, cook noodles until done, drain and toss with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- While noodles are cooking, stir in sour cream to meat mixture and mix until combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve meat mixture over hot buttered noodles.