Forget take out, simply put the ingredients for this slow cooker Asian Beef and Broccoli in and you will have a flavorful and inexpensive meal while you go about your day.
Slow Cooker Asian Beef and Broccoli
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 4 hr
- 2 ½ pounds lean boneless chuck beef cut into bite size pieces
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Chinese Shaohsing rice wine ( do not use rice vinegar)
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Tbs fresh grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves fresh grated garlic
- 2 Tbs sambal Oelek
- ½ cup water with 2 Tbs cornstarch to form a slurry
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- Add all ingredients (except broccoli) to slow cooker and stir well with the beef. Then turn slow cooker on high heat and cook for 3 ½ hours.
- Add cleaned and cut broccoli florets at the 31/2 hour mark and cook for an additional 30 minutes (total cook time for this dish is 4 hours). Cook some white rice and serve together.
For Step by Step photos check out Kitchen Simmer's blog: http://www.kitchensimmer.com/2015/12/slow-cooker-asian-beef-and-broccoli.html
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!