Seasoned with lemon zest and herbs, your Sunday chicken will shine in all it’s simplicity. Simple Roasted Chicken requires only minutes of hands on time and should be a staple in your Sunday Supper arsenal.
Simple Roasted Chicken
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1 5-6 pound roasting Kirkwood Whole Chicken
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup Carlini Pure Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Black Pepper Grinder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, cut in quarters
- 1 head of garlic cut in half horizontally
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, lemon zest and thyme until well blended. Using your clean hands, carefully separate the skin from the meat on the chicken breast. Spread the salt mixture over the meat. Stuff the lemon and garlic in the cavity of the chicken. Tuck the wings of the chicken under the breast and tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place the chicken in a medium sized roasting pan and roast for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Cover the chicken with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.