My Next Today Food Club Star recipe is perfect for spring - fresh, healthy and super easy!!
Shrimp Scampi and Zucchini Noodles
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1.5 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup dry vermouth (or dry white wine)
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 5 zucchini
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
- Start by creating the zucchini noodles with a spiralizer (I use the Inspiralizer). Set aside.
- Season your shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and oil over medium heat. Once it's melted, add your shrimp and garlic to the pan. Let the shrimp cook for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Add lemon juice and vermouth to the butter/oil/garlic, scraping up any browned bits that might have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer for another 2 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Add lemon zest, chopped parsley, and red pepper flakes (optional) and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini noodles! Saute for an additional 1-2 minutes so the zoodles can get warm, slightly tender, and coated in the sauce. Stir the shrimp back in.
- Serve with more chopped parsley and/or a little bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese on top!
Watch me make this dish with Savannah Guthrie on The Today Show HERE!
You can also see more photos on Lake Shore Lady!
PS. If you’re cooking for people who are skeptical of zucchini noodles, cook up some linguini and mix it in with the zoodles. They’ll get a little bit of the bite they love, without eating as many carbs!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!