Sweet and savory breakfast casserole topped with the sharp, nutty flavor of Dubliner cheese.
Sausage Apple Breakfast Casserole
- Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. bulk sage sausage
- 1 apple, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3-4 cups cubed French or Sourdough bread
- ½ cup Dubliner cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add apple and onion and sauté over medium high heat until the sausage is cooked through and onions are translucent. Drain mixture on paper towels.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Add bread cubes to casserole dish and even spread the sausage mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Evenly pour eggs over top of casserole and sprinkle with minced rosemary.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Copyright 2016 Life, Love, and Good Food
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!