Sweet and savory breakfast casserole topped with the sharp, nutty flavor of Dubliner cheese.
Sausage Apple Breakfast Casserole
- Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. bulk sage sausage
- 1 apple, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3-4 cups cubed French or Sourdough bread
- ½ cup Dubliner cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add apple and onion and sauté over medium high heat until the sausage is cooked through and onions are translucent. Drain mixture on paper towels.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Add bread cubes to casserole dish and even spread the sausage mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Evenly pour eggs over top of casserole and sprinkle with minced rosemary.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Copyright 2016 Life, Love, and Good Food