Perfectly bite-sized cheesecakes just in time for the holiday. Inspired by the popular coffee house drink, these Salted Caramel Mocha Cheesecakes are creamy and sweet with a pop of sea salt. A must have at your next holiday party.
Salted Caramel Mocha Cheesecakes
- For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup International Delight Iced Coffee Mocha
- For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup International Delight Iced Coffee Mocha
- Sea Salt Flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, butter and salt until moistened. Divide the mixture evenly among the wells of a mini cheesecake pan and press down firmly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Beat in flour. Add eggs 1 at a time. Mix the coffee granules with the water to dissolve. Stir in coffee and iced coffee until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly among the wells of the cheesecake pan filling to just below the top of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 15-20 minutes until the edges are firm but the center is still jiggly. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature. When cool transfer to the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- When the cheesecakes are cool, remove them from the pan and place on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add the sugar and cook until the sugar turns a deep amber color, approximately 5 minutes. Carefully add the butter, stirring constantly. Stir in the salt and remove from the heat. Slowly add the iced coffee. Stir the mixture until it begins to thicken and becomes creamy. Transfer to an airtight container and store until ready to serve.
- Chill the cheesecakes until ready to serve. Right before serving, heat the caramel sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spoon over cheesecakes and sprinkle with sea salt. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.