I've always liked trying new recipes, so I stepped out of the box and came up with my own. Sweet Potatoes and Greens are a perfect marriage. I think you'll really enjoy this dish, it will make the perfect addition to your holiday table.
Ruth Ward's Stuffed Sweet Potato and Spinach
- Servings: 4
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, chopped
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Crumbled bacon (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bake sweet potatoes till soft to the touch, about 40 to 45 min.
- Add some olive oil to a sauté pan on medium heat. Add garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, no longer.
- Add the chopped spinach a little at a time, stirring constantly till wilted and tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, optional red pepper flakes or a little jalapeno juice, it gives it a kick.
- Split the warm potatoes, mash the insides, adding the butter salt and pepper to taste... then put a heaping amount of spinach on top of each potato, go for broke and add a little bacon.
- Serve this to sweet potato lovers and watch them smile.