Oatmeal is good but farro is better. Roasting the cranberries gives them a sweetened flavor combined with the nutty farro, maple and brown sugar this warm breakfast bowl warms the belly and keeps you feeling full.
Roasted Cranberry Maple & Brown Sugar Farro Breakfast Bowl
- Yield: 2 servings
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- ½ cup farro
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- almond milk or regular milk
- Bring 1 ½ cups water to a bowl. Pour in the farro and stir occasionally. Cook for roughly 10 minutes until the Farro is al dente. (Drain any excess water)
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a small mixing bowl toss the cranberries with 1 Tbs maple syrup and 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and place cranberries on the paper.
- Roast cranberries for 7-8 minutes in a 400F degree oven.
- In a bowl combine farro, cinnamon, remaining maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top of the farro.
- Top with roasted cranberries.
- Pour in as much almond milk or regular milk as desired.