If you love a great Reuben sandwich, then you'll love my famous Reuben Egg Casserole for breakfast. I love to put this egg casserole together the night before and just throw it in the oven the next morning. You can also put these ingredients into individual ramekins or muffin tins, it is savory and delicious!
Reuben Egg Casserole
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 50 min
- 2 cups rye or pumpernickel bread, cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups corned beef or pastrami
- 1 cup corned beef hash
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- ¾ cup Thousand Island dressing, plus extra for serving
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray and add the cubed bread to the bottom.
- Layer on the beef, then the hash followed by the sauerkraut and finally the dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Slowly add the egg mixture over the ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Add the cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.
This casserole can be made up the night before (without the cheese), cover and refrigerate. The next morning, uncover and add the cheese. Then bake as usual.