Get all the comforting Fall flavors with these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes drizzled with decadent Vanilla Cream Syrup!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Vanilla Cream Syrup
- Servings: 2 pancakes
- Yield: 8
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup clear corn syrup
- ½ stick butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices, and whisk together.
- Add buttermilk, pumpkin puree, egg and oil, and stir just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour pancake batter by large spoonfuls and cook until bubbles begin forming on the top and edges.
- Flip over and continue to cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm with warmed Vanilla Cream Syrup.
- For syrup:
- Heat corn syrup, butter, 1 cup sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Store in refrigerator in a covered container until ready to use.
- To serve, mix well and microwave until warmed through.