Get all the comforting Fall flavors with these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes drizzled with decadent Vanilla Cream Syrup!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Vanilla Cream Syrup
- Servings: 2 pancakes
- Yield: 8
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup clear corn syrup
- ½ stick butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices, and whisk together.
- Add buttermilk, pumpkin puree, egg and oil, and stir just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour pancake batter by large spoonfuls and cook until bubbles begin forming on the top and edges.
- Flip over and continue to cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm with warmed Vanilla Cream Syrup.
- For syrup:
- Heat corn syrup, butter, 1 cup sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Store in refrigerator in a covered container until ready to use.
- To serve, mix well and microwave until warmed through.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!