Moist, tender Pumpkin Bars with cozy spices and cream cheese frosting.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Servings: 1 bar
- Yield: 24 bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Candy pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 15"x10" sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together. Add wet ingredients and stir until completely combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar. Beat on low until combined, then turn up to medium and beat for about a minute. Frost cooled pumpkin bars. Decorate with candy pumpkins. Slice into 24 bars.
These Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect way to start tasting a little bit of theFall season. And they are very simple to make. You can whip up the batter by hand, all in one bowl. I used organic eggs, organic pumpkin and organic extra virgin olive oil in this recipe which made it even better!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!