The pressure cooker kicks up the slow cooker a notch. Fast and easy cooking. And these sloppy joes will capture your family's attention at dinnertime.
Pressure Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Yield: 6 people
- Prep Time: 10 min
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 14oz can stewed tomatoes (or whole and crush them)
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers and onions (I used Trader Joes' Frozen)
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chile powder
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- squirt of hot sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- On Saute (highest setting) brown the ground beef
- Stir the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over the ground beef and stir well.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing. Set pressure to high for 8 minutes.
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can put this in a slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
- Serve on your favorite roll. In the photo I used dinner rolls to make sliders.