Meaty, full of flavor portobello mushroom topped with guacamole and corn salsa. Healthy and easy dish
Portobello Mushrooms with Guacamole and Corn Salsa Burger
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 6 portobello mushrooms caps ( stems removed )
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme , rough chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano , rough chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary , rough chopped
- 2 clove garlic , minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Wheat Burger buns ( toasted)
- 3 avocados , halved , seeded and peeled
- 2 lime , juiced
- ½ lemon , juiced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ medium onion , diced small
- 2 Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro , rough chopped
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 serrano pepper , seeded and diced small
- ¼ red onion , diced small
- 2 tsp cilantro , rough chopped
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 roma tomato , diced small
- Salt & Pepper
- In a big bowl put balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar , olive oil , thyme , oregano , rosemary , garlic , dijon mustard , worcestershire sauce , salt and pepper . Mix together well
- Clean the mushroom , cut the stem off and poke inside of mushroom as many times as you can , be careful to not break the mushroom caps.
- Place the mushroom upside down in the marinade , put the rest of remaining marinade into the mushroom
- Cover and let it marinade for an hour .
- Heat the pan with oil .
- Heat the oven to 350
- Place the mushroom heads down , let it sear for 3 minutes each side .
- Put the mushroom on the sheet tray with parchment paper and let it bake for 20 minutes .
- Place avocado in the bowl , use a fork to roughly mash the avocado . When avocado is mashed add lime juice , lemon , salt , pepper , ground cumin , onion, tomatoes and cilantro .
- Mix it together very well , adjust seasoning if needed . Cover it and put in the fridge until it ready to be use .
- Cut the corns off the cobs into the bowl .
- Add in serrano pepper , red onion , cilantro , lime , salt , pepper and tomato . Mix together , adjust seasoning if needed .
- Cover and put in the fridge until it ready to be use .
Toast burger bun in the oven until it golden brown . Spread guacamole on the bottom of the bun then put portobello on top , add more guacamole then put corn salsa on top . Serve and Enjoy
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!