It's the Breakfast Recipe that will change mornings forever. The ULTIMATE one-pan dish for busy moms!
Picture Perfect Breakfast
- 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls (or bread stick dough)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of your choice, such as: Chopped cooked bacon or sausage, sautéed mushrooms, sliced cooked potatoes, peppers, diced tomatoes, pepperoni, cooked chopped turkey, chicken or ham.
- See video tutorial below!
- In a greased shallow baking sheet (approx 9 ½ by 11 inch) line the rim with 6 to 8 of the bread strips, (twisted slightly) creating a frame of bread. (Pinch together bread sticks to form a continuous frame.)
- Next, make one horizontal and two vertical rows with remaining bread strips, creating squares, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Brush bread dough with slightly beaten egg. (This creates a beautiful shiny finished dough frame and it helps to “glue” the bread strips together.) Fill each square with ¼ cup cheese and ¼ cup desired topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 6 eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread picture frame and toppings, covering the bread.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown and eggs are cooked.
- Slice in squares, using the bread dough to frame each slice.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!