A fun and easy to make recipe that is super minty and perfect for Christmas. By using gluten free rice cereal and pretzels, these are Celiac friendly!
Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats
- Servings: 1 treat
- Yield: 18 treats
- Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 cup pretzels, preferably white fudge covered, gluten free if necessary
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Mints
- 4 cups peppermint mini marshmallows
- 2 cups vanilla mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 4-5 cups Rice Krispies, or gluten free puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Mints, melted
- Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan. Line it with parchment. Generously butter the parchment.
- Coarsely chop pretzels and candies. I cut the pretzels into quarters and the candies into thirds. Measure prior to chopping. Set aside. Measure out Rice Krispies and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave both kinds of marshmallows and butter in 30 second increments, stirring in between to promote melting, until they are completely melted. Immediately pour in pretzels, candies, and Rice Krispies. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed and fully coated with marshmallow. If the mixture is too gooey, add more RIce Krispies. Quickly pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing down with hands.
- Drizzle with melted mints. Allow treats to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares and serving. May be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days