Oatmeal is a classic breakfast, but by baking it with fruit, it is almost like dessert that is healthy and okay to eat for breakfast. Plus, leftovers are awesome for a quick breakfast on the go.
Peach Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place most of the blueberries and peaches in the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish. Reserve a few of each for the top.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add vanilla bean paste, maple syrup, almond milk, and oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour oat mixture over the fruit in the pan. Spread into an even layer. Top decoratively with the reserved blueberries and peaches.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the liquid has been absorbed. Top with almonds. Serve immediately. Oatmeal may also be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve cold or reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warm.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!