Pea, Cheddar & Crispy Pancetta Crustless Quiche – a delightfully light quiche recipe with the perfect balance of savory flavors. An easy to make dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Pea, Cheddar & Crispy Pancetta Crustless Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus 1 tablespoon more for buttering the pan
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- a few slices of avocado and mint for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use 1 tablespoon of butter to grease the pan and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour the onions and garlic into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet back the the stove and reheat again on medium heat. In batches, add the pancetta and cook until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let drain briefly. Crumble when cool.
- Crack open 6 eggs into the mixing bowl.
- Add in the half and half or cream and whisk together
- Stir in the peas, cheese, crumbled pancetta, chopped mint, salt and pepper.
- Pour into buttered pie dish and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until the quiche is puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Granish with slices of avocado and mint, if desired.
Visit ZagLeft for other Crustless Quiche recipes and more!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!