Overnight breakfast casseroles are my favorite way to brighten up a morning when we have overnight guests. It's so nice to be able to treat family and friends to something special, without all of the hassle of messing up the kitchen as the sun comes up. This overnight breakfast bake is studded with swiss cheese, artichoke hearts, ham, green onions, and potatoes, which makes a deliciously hearty and flavorful start to the day.
Overnight Artichoke and Ham Breakfast Bake
- Yield: 6
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 4 cups frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1½ cups diced, fully cooked smoked ham
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Spray an 11x7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the diced ham, artichoke hearts, and chopped green onions in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, mustard, and pepper until well blended.
- Layer two cups of the shredded frozen potatoes in the bottom of the prepared dish. Then, layer in half of the ham-artichoke mixture.
- Top that layer with the Swiss cheese, and then layer in the rest of the ham-artichoke mix. Then, layer the last two cups of frozen potatoes over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the layers. (The cottage cheese will likely sit on top. It's OK. It bakes up nice and creamy.)
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350*F. Remove the dish from the refrigerator and allow to rest on the counter while the oven preheats.
- Bake at 350* for 55-60 minutes, or until the top begins to brown and the eggs are set in the middle.
You can find the original recipe and post over at my blog, Chew Nibble Nosh.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!