This Oven-Baked Crunchy Okra tastes like the old fashioned fried version that everyone loves, but with no oil!
Oven-Baked Crunchy Okra
- 1 lb. fresh okra
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop okra into small bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and almond milk.
- On a large plate or tray, mix together breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper and salt/pepper.
- Dip okra into wet ingredients then dry ingredients and place on a prepared baking sheet. (preferably on a wire rack over a baking sheet, so that the okra can get more crispy.)
- Bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes, then broil on high for 1-2 minutes. Just enough time to brown the panko a little more.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!