Passed down from my husband's paternal great-grandmother’s sister (cool, right?), this meal tastes incredibly savory and sweet and also does a stellar job of making the entire house smell good (side note: I weirdly find it extremely gratifying when my husband walks in the door and immediately pauses and grins before letting out a big "Man, it smells good in here!").
Our Sweet & Savory Not-So-Secret Family Meatloaf
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 hr
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1.25 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine ground meat, egg, milk, ketchup (4 tbsp), breadcrumbs, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Form meatloaf in pan
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup (⅓ cup) to create sauce
- Pour sauce on top of uncooked meatloaf
- Baked uncovered for 70 minutes
- Enjoy immensely! You'll never look for another meatloaf recipe again.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!