This one pot wonder tastes just like homemade lasagna -- but with half the calories and none of the effort! One of my favorite dinner creations, it's on the table in under 30 minutes.
One Pot Light 'n Lean Lasagna Stew
- Servings: 1 bowl
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 8 oz. ground low-fat Italian turkey sausage
- 14 oz. frozen pepper stir-fry vegetable mix
- 7 oz. frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 7 oz. can chopped mushrooms, drained
- 2 cans (19 oz.) tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Grated parmesan (optional)
- Place 8-quart pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage to pot and cook, stirring and breaking into pieces with wooden spoon, until browned. Drain, and return pan to heat. Add pepper mix, spinach, mushrooms, soup, cooking stock, seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper to pot, stirring to combine. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a low boil. Add noodle pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in ricotta and cook, stirring continuously, until cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Remove from heat and serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Serves 6.