Great Breakfast Sandwich! Kids love it as well and the adults.
Old Fashion Breakfast Sandwiches
- Yield: 6 sandwiches
- Prep Time: 9 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 6 plain (3 ½ inch) old fashion plain cake donut, no glaze or sugar covering
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup peach or apricot preserves
- 6 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1 ½ cups small chopped smoked ham, I use about 10-12 thin deli slices
- Cut the donuts in half making a top half and a bottom half. On a clean counter top, divide the donuts in half, cut side facing up.
- On 6 cut sides, spread the cream cheese and then spread the jam. On the last 6 cut halves, add 1 slice of cheese.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, herbs, garlic and heavy cream. Whisk until blended.
- In a 8-inch nonstick pan, add 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. When butter has melted, spread it around the pan and add 1/6th of the egg mixtureinto the pan. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of ham. Let cook until most of the liquid has turned solid. Then, in one piece, flip the egg and finish cooking on the other side. Once the egg has no visible liquid, fold in half and half again. Immediately place it on the cheese side of the donut. Finish cooking the remaining 5 servings the same way.
- Add the top halves to the bottom and sandwiches are ready to be served.