An elegant ending to any meal!
Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups of your favorite Moscato
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 pint strawberries, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon Moscato
- To make the gelée: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the Moscato and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved, stir the wine mixture as you sprinkle the gelatin into the mixture. Continue stirring until the gelatin is dissolved. Take the saucepan off the heat, and let mixture cool a bit if hot. Pour the gelée into 4 wine glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the compote: In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon zest, and Moscato. Stir gently. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Spoon the strawberry compote over the gelée and serve.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!