Loaded with ham, turkey and gooey cheese, this Monte Cristo Breakfast casserole is the best brunch dish ever. No need to make it in advance because you can easily assemble it in minutes and bake it right before your guests are ready to eat.
Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 50 min
- 1 loaf French Bread, cut into ½ inch slices
- 8-10 slices deli turkey breast
- 8-10 slices deli black forest ham
- 1 ½ cups shredded Swiss Cheese
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 5 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- ¾ cup Red Raspberry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, place half the bread in an even layer to cover the bottom. Sprinkle half the cheese over the bread and top with the turkey. Top the turkey with the ham and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Place the remaining bread on top of the cheese and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour the entire mixture over the bread being sure to coat everything. Press down on the casserole with a place so all the bread begins to absorb the mixture. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the custard is set and the top is puffed and golden brown.
- While the casserole bakes, heat the preserves in a small saucepan until syrupy.
- When the casserole is done, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and top each serving with a spoonful of the raspberry preserves.
For more recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox.