This simple chicken marinade was a staple in my house growing up, and Mom's recipe borrows the flavors of my heritage in simplest form: paprika, oyster sauce and lime. Exactness not required. Sticky fingers a must.
Mom's Weeknight Broiled Chicken
- Servings: 2 pieces chicken
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 2-4 large bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and/or thighs
- 1 TB Hungarian paprika (enough to thoroughly coat each piece)
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce (enough to thoroughly coat each piece)
- 2 limes, to serve and garnish
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken. Coat well with the paprika, ensuring each piece is covered. Add the oyster sauce, ensuring each piece is covered.
- On a foil lined broiler sheet, lay each piece, skin side down, in a single layer. Broil around 20-25 minutes. Flip the chicken and finish off for another 10-12 minutes.
- Let chicken rest a few minutes before serving with a squeeze of lime.
Feel free to use boneless, skinless, and just cook 7 minutes on the first side, 5 on the flip side.