When it comes to baking and cooking, parents know there are times that we just want to get the meal prepared without the helping hands of our sweet children -- because we know that just doubles our prep time! But a recipe my kids love making with me -- and I love having their helping hands -- is my Yummy Banana Muffins. I usually add chocolate chips, and they become the kids’ dessert. And best of all, the muffins are a one-bowl and six-ingredient recipe. Enjoy!
Momma Chef's Super Easy and Kid-Approved Yummy Banana Muffins
- Yield: 16 muffins
- Prep Time: 6 min
- Cooking Time: 18 min
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 ½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ c. Honey
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Large Eggs
- ⅓ c. Avocado or Melted Coconut Oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 375° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for five minute. Makes 16 muffins.
1) You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
2) The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
3) If refrigerated, put the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
4) I use muffin cups, which makes it more fun for the kids. If you use them, spray them with Pam before filling.
About Momma Chef
I am a mother of three active boys (ages 12, 8 and 5). Although I often feel like I’m struggling with some aspect of parenting, my one sanctuary is the kitchen. My children like different foods and constantly request a variety of things for dinner. I used to tell them, “I am not an octopus with eight arms who can make eight different meals!”
Over time, I figured out a way to make dishes they all love by developing easy, quick recipes. That led to the creation of my blog, Momma Chef, for parents like me. My recipes are simple and delicious, using no more than six ingredients and under six minutes of prep time. It will look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen with help from Momma Chef. Connect with Momma Chef on Facebook!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!