Are you ready for a breakfast treat? This recipe makes superior, smooth, custardy, silky egg bites. It takes about an hour total to make these but they are worth it. Makes 6 large muffin size servings.
Mock Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Low Carb & Keto
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 10 hr
- Cooking Time: 30 hr
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded gruyere or monetary jack
- 4 oz of softened cream cheese
- 2 tables heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of cracked pepper
- 4 slices of precooked bacon, crispy
- non-stick spray
- Make the bacon ahead of time for the egg bites or you can buy pre-cooked bacon and chop it up. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and place baking dish on the bottom rack filled with 1" of water. This will keep the oven humid and help the eggs cook evenly. Add the eggs, cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper, and half the bacon into a food processor or blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds until light and frothy. Spray a muffin tin over the sink with the non-stick spray and fill tins almost the entire way.
- Divide the remainder of the chopped bacon equally among all the muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites are just set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then use a spatula of fork to lift them from the muffin tin. ENJOY!
MACROS (1 muffin)