A modern twist on a traditional brunch favorite. Never skip breakfast again with these convenient little bite size pies.
Mini Quiche with Bacon Jam Filling
- Servings: 3 muffins
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Store bought ready made pie crust
- ¼ cup bacon jam (room temperature) recipe to follow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Roll out pie crust on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a 2″ biscuit cutter, cut the pie crust in small rounds.
- Gently press the rounds into the mini muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- To the egg mixture, add the cheddar, chives, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Place ½ teaspoon of bacon jam in each mini muffin cup.
- Spoon egg mixture over bacon jam until cups are almost full.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet to catch any spillage.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until centers are set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Refrigerate any remaining pies for a quick and protein packed snack.