A light and beautiful dessert with my favorite combo of tart and sweet - lemons and blueberries. My mother-in-law always made this for special family gatherings and it is truly delish!
Meyer Lemon Chiffon Tart
- Yield: 6 - 8
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice – I used 3 Meyer Lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbl sugar
- pinch of cinnamon - optional but really good
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (equivalent to ¾ stick)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and pinch of cinnamon until well blended . Press mixture into an 9 inch pie plate or 10 inch tart pan - like I used which I loved!
- Bake at 375F for 7-10 minutes. Cool.
- Soften gelatin in water 5 minutes.
- Beat yolks and add ½ cup of the sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly, until of pudding consistency. Add grated lemon zest and softened gelatin and stir thoroughly. Let mixture get nice and thick stirring once or twice. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until stiff, adding remaining ½ cup sugar while whipping. Fold egg whites gently into lemon pudding.
- Pour filling into baked graham crust and chill in refrigerator. Serve when firm. Garnish with berries if desired.
Full recipe and details on Simply Beautiful Eating Meyer Lemon Chiffon Tart