Do you or your kids love the white queso served at your favorite Mexican Restaurant? This queso dip is perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or your next get-together!
Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip
- 1.5 lbs good quality white American cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1 Tablespoon jarred diced jalapeños
- Add cheese cubes and milk into a saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon to prevent the cheese from sticking, burning, or separating.
- When cheese is melted add garlic and onion powder, green chiles, and jalapeños.
- Heat through for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
*Buy cheese in the deli section and ask for one big block of whole milk white American cheese.
*Add more or less milk to get the "queso" consistency you desire. You could thin with a bit of water, although it can dilute the flavor.
*This dip works well served in a dip-sized crockpot. Stir it often to prevent the cheese from developing a film.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!