One of my favorite comfort foods – the Sloppy Joe. I think I have always loved them, especially topped with diced white onion and cheddar cheese on very soft bread. It’s the best stuff-your-mouth-because-you’re-so-hungry-and-it’s-just-the-best-food. It’s not gourmet or expensive, it’s just really good food. These Sloppy Joes get an upgrade with Mango and jalapeno kick.
Mango Jalapeno Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. steak sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced
- ½ mango, diced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 package slider rolls
- ½ stick salted butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa verde
- ½ cup mayo
- 4 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground round.
- Add taco seasoning, water; cheese and hot sauce. Stir until combined and bubbly; about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Heat oil over medium high heat and add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and mango.
- Sprinkle with salt and sugar; toss every few minutes with tongs until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Toast slider rolls and brush each side with butter.
- Combine salsa verde and mayo; spread on bottom sides of buns.
- Add beef and top with onion/bell pepper mixture.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!