Beautiful food doesn't always need a lot of ingredients.
Mama G's Worlds Best Meatloaf
- Servings: 2 slices
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 50 min
- 1 lb. 80/20 high quality hamburger.
- 1 white onion diced small. Equal size cuts.
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp minced garlic.
- 10 drops high quality Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 cup quick oats
- Heinz ketchup as desired. Pretty please no substitutes
- Preheat oven at 450 for 1/2 hour
- In large bowl gently break up hamburger
- Gently fold in onion,
- Fold in salt & pepper
- Fold in garlic
- Fold in Sriracha sauce
- Fold in Worcestershire sauce
- Fold in 2 lightly beaten eggs
- Fold in quick oats
- Make sure all ingredients are blended well. Do not over-mix.
- Shape and form meatloaf
- Coat a baking loaf pan with cooking spray well. Place meatloaf into pan and coat top with Heinz ketchup.
- Place into pre-heated 450 degree oven.
- Bake for ½ hour at 450 degree, turn down to 350 and bake another 20 minutes. Monitor - all ovens vary,
Mama G How-to
1. Lean burger will not work for this recipe. It compromises flavor and texture. I often use 73 percent.
2. Over mixing will make tough meatloaf. Mix just until ingredients are blended and then stop.
3. If you love sweet and savory you can sprinkle brown sugar on top of loaf and then add the ketchup.
4. My favorite side-dish for this is my Leek mashed potatoes. Take a bite of meatloaf with a bite of leek mashed potatoes. Oh, my goodness!
5. Chef Matthew Grunwald has a new Ketchup recipe out. It is perfect for this meatloaf. http://chefmatthewg.com/kick-ketchup-ya-hoo/
Love, Mama G
"Happy Food To Eat"