Delicious cheesy flaky caramelized onion and bacon quiche!
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 Pie Crust (homemade or store bought)
- 2 Whole Yellow Onions, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1-½ cup Half-and-Half
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Grated Gruyere or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sauté the onions in the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat for at least 25 to 40 minutes stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown. Set aside to cool..
- Fry the bacon until crisp and crumble into pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place pie crust into a greased large tart pan or a pie pan.
- Whip the eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in a large bowl, then add in the onions, bacon and cheese. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the center of quiche is just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into slices with a serrated knife, and serve! It's great served warm or at room temperature.
UP TO 3 MONTHS AHEAD: Make the Caramelized Onion Quiche and freeze.