Delicious cheesy flaky caramelized onion and bacon quiche!
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 Pie Crust (homemade or store bought)
- 2 Whole Yellow Onions, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1-½ cup Half-and-Half
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Grated Gruyere or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sauté the onions in the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat for at least 25 to 40 minutes stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown. Set aside to cool..
- Fry the bacon until crisp and crumble into pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place pie crust into a greased large tart pan or a pie pan.
- Whip the eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in a large bowl, then add in the onions, bacon and cheese. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the center of quiche is just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into slices with a serrated knife, and serve! It's great served warm or at room temperature.
UP TO 3 MONTHS AHEAD: Make the Caramelized Onion Quiche and freeze.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!