Homemade Mac n' cheese layered with velveeta cheese and ritz crackers
Mac n' CheesePrep Time: 20 min Cooking Time: 1 hr
- ½ Stick butter melted
- 1 to 1 ½ cup(s) milk
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Block of Velveeta cheese, grated
- 1-2 sleeve(s) of Ritz crackers
- ½ lb. Pasta
- Melt margarine, stir in flour and gradually pour in milk. (Add a little milk, stir until thick, add a little more. Repeat).
- Cook ½ lb. pasta (elbows) and drain.
- Grease a casserole dish or pan and layer about ⅓ macaroni. Add a layer of mixture from above, and a layer of grated velvets cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on the top.
- Crush Ritz crackers, and ½ stick of melted butter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
If you want to take it a step further, you can use this mac n' cheese to make a "mac n' cheese and bacon grilled cheese" sandwich! Just put the ingredients on a bread of your choice and use a panini press!