Forget Taco Tuesday! We're serving up Tater Tot Tuesday, with all the taco goodness.
Loaded Taco TotsPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ c. beef broth or water
- 28 oz can pinto beans
- 2 c. shredded cheese
- 1 jar nacho cheese-heated
- 1 Haas avocado-diced
- 2 large tomatoes-diced
- 2 c. crumbled Queso Fresco
- Bake tater tots according to package directions, until very crisp.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain any excess fat.
- Add seasonings and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5-7 minutes or until liquid has absorbed.
- Meanwhile, pour pinto beans into a skillet. Heat over medium heat until bubbling.
- Reduce heat under beans, and using a potato masher, mash beans until nearly smooth.
- Set out a traditional taco bar with meat, tater tots, cheeses, tomatoes, beans, and avocado.
- To assemble, place tater tots in large bowls or on plates, and let the kids top them any way they want.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!