Forget Taco Tuesday! We're serving up Tater Tot Tuesday, with all the taco goodness.
Loaded Taco TotsPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ c. beef broth or water
- 28 oz can pinto beans
- 2 c. shredded cheese
- 1 jar nacho cheese-heated
- 1 Haas avocado-diced
- 2 large tomatoes-diced
- 2 c. crumbled Queso Fresco
- Bake tater tots according to package directions, until very crisp.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain any excess fat.
- Add seasonings and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5-7 minutes or until liquid has absorbed.
- Meanwhile, pour pinto beans into a skillet. Heat over medium heat until bubbling.
- Reduce heat under beans, and using a potato masher, mash beans until nearly smooth.
- Set out a traditional taco bar with meat, tater tots, cheeses, tomatoes, beans, and avocado.
- To assemble, place tater tots in large bowls or on plates, and let the kids top them any way they want.