Light full of flavor rice bowl that's sure to have you come back for more.
Lemon Chick pea Basmati rice bowl
- Servings: 2 cups
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 hr
- Cooking Time: 25 hr
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sunflower coconut oil
- ¼ cup fine almond meal
- 2 ½ TB nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup plus 2 TB chickpea miso paste
- 2-3 garlic clove
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp organic oregano
- ½ tsp organic cilantro
- 1organic yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups organic basmati rice, white or brown or a mix
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB organic butter
- 2 ¼ cups organic chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped organic bell pepper
- 1 15oz can organic kidney beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup organic corn
- ½ cup organic peas
- 1 cup organic power greens
- First make the dressing. Add first 10 ingredients from water to cilantro in food processor and blend until mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- To prepare rice heat olive oil in sauce pan over medium heat
- Add chopped onion and garlic to heated pan. Stir and cook over medium to medium low heat around 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add rice to pan and stir well. Stir allowing rice to lightly brown for a couple minutes.
- Add butter to rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Next add in chicken stock. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight lid once boiling and reduce heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat keeping lid on. Allow to sit unopened for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fluff rice.
- Divide rice up into bowls.
- In each bowl add some bell peppers, kidney beans, corn, peas, and power greens. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over rice.
This recipe works really well as leftovers. Just leave the dressing off. Warm up the next day and drizzle more dressing.
This bowl could be altered in so many ways. Add chicken to it, or change up the veggies. Its a pretty easy bowl to change up.
This dressing could be used for many other dishes. I think it would be great on salads, or poultry, or anything you may want to dip into it!!!