This Lemon Berry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is the answer to your brunch prayers! A lightened up coffee cake that is bursting with spring flavors, filled with a creamy cream cheese swirl and a thick crumb layer!
Lemon Berry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 pkg (8oz each) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup baking stevia
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup packed Truvia brown sugar baking blend
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup baking stevia
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- Juice and zest from one lemon
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-10" Springform pan (mine is 9.5") with parchment paper (you can do this by laying it on the base and closing the sides around it with the paper sticking out the bottom), and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Filling: Combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg and extract in a small bowl. Whisk with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, flour and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together butter, applesauce, sugar, eggs, almond extract, yogurt, lemon juice and zest until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Spread ⅔ of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add the cream cheese filling and spread out evenly but refrain from touching the edges. Top with the raspberries.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Top with all of the crumb topping, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 80-90 minutes, or until center is set and does not jiggle when moved. It's a very moist cake, so don't worry about baking so long.