Mash potato enthusiast will remember growing up with moms buttery smooth mash potatoes. When it comes to comfort food and creating childhood food memories nothing compares to the recipes that have been handed down through the generations. Please enjoy my leek mashed potatoes as the perfect side to Mama G's worlds best meatloaf.
Leek Mashed Potatoes
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 lbs russet potatoes peeled, equally, medium diced
- 1.5 cups heavy cream, heated
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- 2 leeks white part only , washed well and small diced
- 2 - 3 Tbsp sea salt
- Start potatoes off in a cold pot of fresh water and bring to boil
- Cook potatoes 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Caution to not overcook
- Drain potatoes very well
- Transfer potatoes to a stand mixer and add warm cream
- Blend on medium for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In large skillet cook leeks in butter over medium heat for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Fold cooked leeks into mashed potatoes. Serve Immediately.
Jolly Good Tips!
Begin cooking potatoes on high. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Cover potatoes with a lid. Please make certain potatoes are diced perfectly equal in size.
Potato selection. Choose potatoes that are firm with no soft, dark or green spots.
When cooking leeks watch for them to become translucent.
I would love to hear how you did on this recipe;
With love, Mama G