Super easy, deliciously creamy, and slightly spicy version of the classic comfort food. Perfect as a side dish or as a main meal!
Jamaican Jerk Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 12 ounces of dry cavatappi pasta
- ½ cup Jamaican jerk bacon, ¼" dice (can substitute pepper bacon)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 2 cup sharp cheddar, freshly shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, fry the diced jerk bacon in a medium sized pan over medium heat until brown and cooked through. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Whisk in the three cheeses and the salt, whisking until the cheese is fully incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir the cooked pasta and jerk bacon into the sauce and heat through, about a minute or two.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main dish with a salad or green vegetable. Enjoy!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!