Cauliflower With Asiago Cheese And Golden Raisins - Unbelievable veggie dish with garlic, Asiago cheese, and (surprise!) golden raisins. Meaty, cheesy, salty, & sweet!
Cauliflower With Asiago Cheese & Golden Raisins
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3-4 Cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ rounded cup (BelGioioso brand) Asiago Cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F with the rack at the middle position
- Place the golden raisins in a small bowl with just enough water to cover them. Heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and let them sit on the counter.
- Core the cauliflower and slice in ½ inch thick slices. Transfer to the baking sheet lined completely with parchment, drizzle with several tablespoons of olive oil. Being careful to not break the slices, turn each slice of cauliflower over – making sure each slice has olive oil and salt and pepper on both sides.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven for 10 minutes, gently turn over each slice with a metal spatula, and then sprinkle the golden raisins and the sliced garlic onto the pan. Be sure to keep them on the cauliflower or on the parchment paper, or they will burn.
- Bake for 8 more minutes. pull the cauliflower out and sprinkle with the Asiago cheese - focus on placing the cheese directly on the cauliflower.
- Bake for 1 more minute. Serve while warm - enjoy!
Growing up, my Mom made cauliflower - and broccoli - in a more traditional way: usually she would separate the florets and trim them down, steam them, and serve them topped with american cheese. It was one of my favorite veggies that she made - primarily because of all that cheese!
I've developed my own take on "cheesy cauliflower"…and (just between us) I must admit I actually like my version better than Mom's. Let's keep that on the DL!
I love the surprise of the golden raisins. Their sweetness is the perfect balance to the saltiness of the Asiago cheese, and the texture of this dish is amazing... The end result is indulgent, fulfilling, hearty-but-delicate, salty-but-sweet, cheesy, meaty yumminess. I could honestly eat this every day!