Tender beef coated with a rich honey tomato glaze topped with roasted nuts and fresh cilantro. A burst of flavor in every mouth-watering bite. I love serving these sticky ribs over buttery mashed cauliflower, herb roasted potatoes or my favorite, on top of stone ground grits topped and a warm poached egg as an unforgettable brunch dish.
Honey Glazed Short Ribs
- Servings: 0
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 2 hr
- 2 pounds short ribs (8 short ribs)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 750 ml table red wine
- 3-4 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons pepper, to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ cup honey
- 1-2 Tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
- 1 brunch fresh cilantro or Italian flat leaf parsely, chopped, for garnish
- Heat wine in pot and reduce by half
- Cut meat into individual short ribs and season with salt and pepper
- Sear ribs in oilve oil, in a heavy skillet, browning all sides
- Transfer short ribs to slower cooker, and set aside
- Add tomato paste, garlic and 1 cup stock to the skillet. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer tomato garlic mixture, rosemary, remaining stock and reduiced wine to slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker with foil and cover with slow cooker lid and cook on slow for 2 hours or until meat falls off of bones.
- Use slow cooker manufacture's instructions.
- When ribs are done, transfer short ribs to platter or casserole dish.
- Strain liquid into saute pan and include mashed garlic.
- Add enough flour to thicken sauce. Season to taste and stir in honey.
- Pour sauce over short ribs, and garnish with roasted salted peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!